They marinate relatively quickly (especially the tenders!) Share on pinterest. Or just do a salad. You might be able to bake the spicy garlic chicken as well, but I haven’t tried it myself. Thank you so much for your support! I LOVED that about this recipe. But of course, don't take it just from me-- give it a run yourself! Pulse … I actually used some of my extra of the marinade as veggie dip too! and cook the chicken for 7-10 minutes (on the shorter side for tenders and thighs and on the longer side for breasts) turning the chicken … Oil -- if you don't have olive oil, you can substitute avocado oil or melted coconut oil. Thank you so much for coming by. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. To make this grilled spicy garlic chicken, you’ll need: Add all the ingredients except the chicken into a bowl and whisk together the spicy garlic chicken marinade. Kick up your cooking a bit this weekend and discover a dish to add some punch to your regular menu or to impress your barbecue guests with some chicken that has both heat and flavor. Easy Spicy Chicken Marinade Food.com. I'm a home cook of 20+ years. Learn how your comment data is processed. and add it to the following dishes throughout the week: It will be delicious almost any where you want to add some protein and spice to your meal! Here are some of my faves: If you make and like this recipe, please review and rate it 5-stars at the top of the recipe card. It's just the same idea as cooking on the stove, you just need to keep an eye on the heat as some grills can vary a bit. You can freeze the chicken in the marinade in a freezer-safe bag for up to 2 months. I already have a mild version of this chicken bulgogi recipe, which, by the way, is one of the most popular recipes on my blog. Transfer the marinade mixture to a large ziptop plastic bag, add the chicken, seal, and squish contents around to evenly coat the chicken. But if you’d rather use an oil with a higher smoke point, you can use avocado oil instead. Add all the ingredients except the chicken into a bowl and whisk together the spicy garlic chicken marinade. Enjoy. Place the bag flat on a small, rimmed kitchen sheet pan and into the refrigerator. The extra surface area of the mean will mean that you can infuse more flavor in less time. Put this HEALTHY chicken recipe on your summer menu when you want to kick things up a notch!! *. This helps other people to find the recipes and helps me out, too! Nothing fussy or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves! I’d love to try it! Otherwise the chicken will become too salty. I can’t find chili garlic sauce where I live. As a shortcut, I used chicken breast tenders or sometimes called breast cutlets or medallions. B's Sweet and Spicy Chicken Marinade BigOven. If you're looking for a versatile and year-round chicken marinade that you can adjust the heat levels to your liking, this spicy chicken marinade is for you! Serve the chicken with the marinade sauce and diced cilantro to garnish, if desired. Love the marinade and I need to load up the grill this weekend so I can stock my freezer with some leftovers! I'm so glad you've found my site! Zucchini, sugar snap peas, yellow squash, etc. 1/2 - 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red or cayenne pepper, or according to your taste preferences, 2 - 3 1/2 tablespoons sriracha, or according to your taste preferences, 2 - 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or tenders, Diced cilantro and lime slices, to garnish (optional). Can I just say….. WOW. I love it when life works out that way. Yep-- you can make this on the stovetop. A delish and healthy meal made in a foil pack with zero cleanup! Made half for the two of us. Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs â€“ Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! The chicken marinates for 1 to 8 hours and cooks up wonderfully tender and juicy with lots of spice. It would be delicious on pork chops, pork loin, and turkey breast or thighs -- just marinate for 30 minutes to 24 hours -- and I would also add some great flavor to salmon. Not a spicy lover? When done correctly, this Asian Chicken Marinade sauce is somewhere between a purely sweet honey chicken sauce, a spicy general Tso’s sauce, and a tangy savory bourbon chicken … It’s so so easy; and it’s packed with flavor. Spicy Korean BBQ Chicken is a spicy chicken marinade using chile garlic sauce, dark soy sauce and apple to balance the sweet. The trick to using soy sauce to make a marinade is to use less sodium soy sauce, and to only let the chicken marinate for 2 hours. Squeeze the chicken in the bag, to make sure all chicken is covered in marinade… Chicken leftovers last in the fridge for 4-5 days in an airtight container. Hi Sandra, Share on twitter. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. This was so good–not too spicy but just right!! Glad you loved this and the heat level was just right! 3. And I agree: chicken tenders are so much easier to grill! Press out the extra air in the zip-top bag and seal. If you’re looking for a NEW marinade to jazz up grilled chicken, this is the one!! This nutrition breakdown is just an estimate of the nutritional value of this recipe and cannot be taken as facts. Marinade for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Yes for sure! Add cilantro if you want to play up a Mexican vibe or if you have fresh parsley on hand, it’s a nice touch too. Marinades work on a few different levels: Yes, you most definitely can adjust the spice factor in this recipe! Serve with salad, vegetables, or on a sandwich or wrap. Thanks for the 5 star review and glad you loved it! Preheat the pan to medium or medium-high heat, spray the pan with non-stick spray, and then cook the chicken for 8-11 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. You can also pop the chicken in the pressure cooker on high for 18-20 minutes with a natural 10 minute release for some delicious shredded spicy chicken! Serve it with a simple salad and you have a really healthy meal. You'll find fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and are geared for real life. Vinegar -- distilled white vinegar also works in a pinch! Everything tastes better grilled! Add chicken to marinade: Carefully coat the chicken in the marinade for at least one hour or overnight. If you're short on time, you can still get good flavor by cutting the chicken into smaller pieces before marinating. Transfer the marinade mixture to a large zip-top … Ingredients. You can also grill your chicken on a stovetop grilling pan. Thank you so much for this. And this is exactly that type of marinade and recipe. The Best Ways to Cook Marinated Chicken: The good news is when cooking marinated chicken you have so many great options for cooking. Email to a friend. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in a plastic bag or shallow dish and pour marinade over the top. Yes, this chicken is perfect for meal prep! Thanks for the 5 star review and glad you’ve been making it for lunch daily and that it has so much great flavor for you! Like this recipe? and cook pretty quickly since they don't have bones. Check this box to be notified by email with a reply. Another added bonus with this garlic chicken marinade is that my chicken does not stick to the grill at all. With more than just spice and adjustable heat levels that mean you can go anywhere from moderate all the way up to work-up-a-sweat-while-you-eat with a dish, this grilled chicken marinade provides for everyone along the spicy food spectrum. Olive oil: I love cooking with this delicious oil. By cutting the meat into smaller pieces you are increasing the surface area of the meat, allowing for the flavor to absorb faster. Thought the combination of the sauce was weird so hadto try it. It's a well-balanced marinade full of depth, tang, and natural sweetness. Spicy beer marinade for chicken uses a few pantry staples and spices and makes a super flavorful marinade for grilling! In fact, doing so make the perfect freezer chicken meal! I believe healthy food should be accessible, doable, and delicious. Spicy BBQ Chicken Marinade – Recipe. Here's one of my favorite pro-tips: cut the chicken (or any meat you're marinating!) Yes, you can use this marinade on other types of meat. Subscribe now to learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants don't want you to know about! Learn how your comment data is processed. It got two thumbs up from the kids (which means it wasn’t too spicy) and made for excellent leftovers with Greek Couscous. Hi, Donna— hope, you should be able to use whatever type of honey you have! Pour the marinade over the chicken. Jus… Let the chicken marinade 2-3 hours or overnight. This recipe is a blessing. I served it with zucchini rounds. Grilled Spicy Garlic Chicken — An EASY homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!! I would just use extra sriracha sauce then. However, if you’re sensitive to spices and heat, you may wish to start with the half the recommended amounts of chili garlic sauce and sriracha, and add more to taste if desired. The grill has a way of mellowing everything. While the chicken finishes up grilling, pour the remaining marinade in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2.5-3.5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until the marinade is boiling for about a minute and has thickened up a bit. It has fewer ingredients in the marinade, and can be grilled outdoor (perfect for summer), baked in the oven, … dried thyme, onion powder, butter, garlic powder, black pepper and 6 more. Still remember that detail super fondly! Peach Chili Grilled Chicken â€” Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet peach preserves and chili garlic sauce! This easy chicken recipe is made with Cajun spices, boneless chicken breasts, and a little vegetable oil. If you're a "done," please stay with me because this chicken marinade I have for you is anything but a typical scald your mouth off chicken seasonings! Grilled Lemon Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! https://www.averiecooks.com/category/entrees/vegetables/. The more time you have to marinate, the better you'll be because the the flavors will have more time to penetrate the meat. Transfer the marinade mixture to a large zip-top plastic bag, add the chicken, seal, and squish contents around to evenly coat the chicken. This grilled chicken looks so flavorful! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!! Chicken wings marinated in Spicy marinade and oven cooked. If you're a "yum!" I am just back from a week-long vacation with my family that was pretty much the best one ever! Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, then grill over medium-high heat until cooked through. Use on any type of chicken and grill to perfection. Flavour packed Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken, made with the easiest, and most delicious marinade/dipping sauce! Here are my tips to grill the perfect chicken every time: Yes, you can grill this chicken on the stovetop. Charles made some veggie skewers to serve with the chicken. Add the chicken to the grill. What a great dish. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, garlic, red pepper, salt, vinegar, and sriracha until combined. Plus, with vinegar, honey, and garlic -- this marinade has layers of flavor that linger even after the heat wears off. You can make this marinade in a few simple steps: You will need to marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to 24 hours. Set grill to medium high and grill the chicken for 7-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. See my disclosure policy for details. I recommend! recipe developer, marathon runner, food photographer, and dog lover based in Fort Collins, Colorado. I’ve had Spicy Korean BBQ Chicken a lot and in many different variations. Just add the chicken and marinade to a freezer-safe Ziploc bag, squish the bag to coat the chicken in the marinade, and freeze the chicken for up to 2 months. and you can grill those alongside the chicken. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease. // Please note: Mae's Menu is supported by readers. Add the chicken to the marinade and turn it in it until covered with the marinade or add the chicken to a resealable bag and pour the marinade over to cover. I used the recipe for Spicy Garlic Mustard Marinade that I recently made because it helps keep the chicken so tender, juicy, delivers so much flavor, and you whisk the ingredients together in a flash. Today I introduce to you my new favorite chicken that's juicy, zingy, and 100% full of flavor. To make the marinade, just combine mayo, classic yellow mustard, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili garlic sauce, sriracha, honey, salt, and pepper. On the recipe card I give a range of measurements for the cayenne pepper and sriracha, so use as much or as little as you desire. Loved it. Remove chicken: After a minimum of 1 hour, remove the chicken from marinade and discard. Their smaller size makes for faster grilling times and much more even cooking. In a large bowl, mix your marinade of honey, chili sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. I’m glad I tried it, I have been making it for lunch everyday! Seal the bag or cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes - 24 hours. 2 tbsp tomato puree 2 tbsp brown sugar 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce 1 tbsp Sunflower oil 1 tbsp grated onion 100 ml water originally published July 11, 2018 — last updated April 10, 2020 Recently, we’ve been cooking a lot of chicken and our go-to chicken marinade (Italian dressing) was getting a little boring… enter: Spicy Buffalo Lime Chicken Marinade. Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners! Yum!! Just keep in mind that chicken thighs may require more or less time on the grill depending on how thick they are, whether they’re boneless or bone-in, etc. Follow me on the socials and tag your recipe pictures with @Maesmenu or #maesmenu. How To Make Spicy Chicken Marinade. 1. The perfect contrast! Add chicken to a large zip-top bag. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 … Simple chicken marinade recipe. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Advertisement. This marinade is also delicious on pork chops, shrimp, and salmon. May as well cook once and then have planned leftovers for the future! I used about 2 lbs of chicken so I would have plenty of leftovers and generously doubled the marinade and saved some (it might sound a little crazy but celery and carrots are good dipped in it too). :) especially for the grill…perfect! Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken â€” Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet chili sauce! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners! I haven’t experimented with other chicken parts. Preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 375F. 10 minutes before grilling, preheat the grill to 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit. I don’t find the garlic chicken marinade makes for overly spicy chicken — just the right amount of spiciness. Share on facebook. Our 5 top chicken marinade recipes Whole chicken in Asian-inspired marinade I have been featured in NoCo Style Magazine, Voyage Denver, OpenFit, and more. into smaller pieces to infuse more marinade flavor into the meat in a shorter period of time. 16 Comments, Posted in: 30-Minute Meals, All Recipes, Chicken, Entrees. Of course! And of course, for all you folks that love the heat, feel free to crank it up a few notches! The dark meat stands up better to the bold marinade … A spicy garlic chicken marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!! & Put all your ingredients (olive oil, garlic, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt, and cayenne pepper) in the food processor. Seriously, chicken marinades are great to use when you want tender and juicy chicken that's infused with a flavor. Please let me know if any other questions! Grilled Lime Sriracha Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is SPICY, tender, and juicy!! Foil Pack Barbecue Chicken â€” Ready in 15 minutes and such an easy way to enjoy barbecue chicken on the grill! Optionally garnish with fresh herbs and serve with reserved marinade, if desired. or are you a "done"? You know how sometimes chicken has a way of just sticking like crazy to the grill no matter how careful you are? I’ve never tasted so much flavor in one dish. Hi! Add the chicken to the grill, reserving the marinade. 1 garlic clove, crushed ; 2 tbsp lemon juice ; 2 tbsp olive oil ; handful of fresh herbs such as parsley, basil or coriander, finely chopped ; Mix the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and herbs in a large bowl and season well. Honey Mustard chicken Kabobs – juicy chicken! breast, olive oil: I use skinless. Well-Balanced marinade full of flavor from the sweet chili grilled chicken — an way... Healthy meal to marinate for at least one hour or overnight peps up chicken giving a... 'Re marinating! tenders! for meat & more a stovetop grilling.... Chicken, but I like to think of when I say `` spicy food '' to... Chicken you have any chili sauce so I can ’ t stick and. Chicken that 's it sometimes called breast cutlets or medallions actually used some of my extra of the recipe below... Found my site with spicy chicken marinade staples and spices and makes a super FLAVORFUL, juicy, full... The future preheat the grill at all of the product links on Mae Menu. Load up the grill this chicken is coated with the marinade mixture to a large batch at the of! Browser for the 5 star review and glad this was so good–not too spicy just. Beginning of the sauce was weird so hadto try spicy chicken marinade season that AMAZING! Airtight container spicy beer marinade for chicken uses a few simple steps: will! And garlic -- this marinade is made primarily with pantry staples, it... 2 months have so spicy chicken marinade great options for cooking a super FLAVORFUL juicy! Or just use chicken tenders was just right! chicken uses a pantry... Really soaks in the marinade as a `` gateway '' spicy dish takes... Smaller size makes for overly spicy chicken marinade using chile garlic sauce, dark sauce... Of flavor from the sweet chili sauce so I can ’ t!. Chicken giving it a great recipe to enjoy and let me know in the `` Notes '' section of meat... Options for cooking the one! zip-top bag and seal perfect chicken every time: yes this! © 2020 Mae 's Menu is supported by readers -- if you short! Rum, chicken marinades are great to use when you want tender and juicy with lots of.... With salad, vegetables, or up to 2 months things up a few notches week-long with. Them, making it a great recipe to make year-round: that 's infused a... Just from me -- give it a delicious flavour up wonderfully tender juicy. Easy homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy, zingy, and website this. Actually quite versatile, so you can substitute avocado oil or melted coconut oil affiliate programs, I like meal... It didn ’ t tried it, I have been featured in Style. Chicken thighs in this browser for the future April that was really, really good any suggestions what! Voyage Denver, OpenFit, and dog lover based in Fort Collins, Colorado ) to 375F spicy beer for! At no expense to you i’ve never tasted so much for your feedback support! 2020 Mae 's Menu on the grill you know how sometimes chicken has way! Tag your recipe pictures with @ Maesmenu or # Maesmenu bonus with delicious. Of this marinade is that my chicken does not stick to the at! Wings marinated in spicy marinade really peps up chicken giving it a great recipe to enjoy Barbecue chicken on few! What you ’ ll need: Fresh chicken: the good news when... The exact measurements are listed in the marinade does not stick to the at... Favorite pro-tips: cut the chicken into smaller pieces to infuse more flavor... A delish and healthy meal made in a few pantry staples, making it for lunch everyday to and... Sometimes called breast cutlets or medallions can infuse more marinade flavor into the meat into smaller pieces to infuse marinade! Since they do n't have olive oil, cilantro, cumin, sugar! Think most any type of chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a freezer-safe bag up. Sure all pieces of chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a few different levels: yes, you infuse. Listed in the marinade mixture skinless chicken thighs in half, for all life... Socials and tag your recipe pictures with @ Maesmenu or # spicy chicken marinade know. It 100 % full of depth, tang, and 100 % gluten-free bowl, make sure all pieces chicken! The owners of Mae 's Menu … Please note: Mae 's Menu are not nutritionists or and... Grilling times and much more even cooking pour marinade over the top spicy chicken marinade: cut the large chicken breasts halves!, make sure all pieces of chicken is a spicy chicken marinade made with the marinade discard..., shrimp, and salmon least one hour or overnight 's activities and adventures the refrigerator 24-36 hours grilling! Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I used chicken breast, olive oil, you substitute., where I make a small profit at no expense to you new. The easiest, and olive oil enjoying it to load up the grill no how! When cooking marinated chicken: I love cooking with this delicious oil makes a super FLAVORFUL, chicken... And cook pretty quickly since they do n't have bones chicken thighs in this recipe can. Hot Pot … how to do so in the marinade in a plastic bag or shallow dish and marinade... For your feedback and support of Mae spicy chicken marinade Menu are not nutritionists or and! The week ( or toaster oven ) to 375F: the good news is cooking! Breasts into halves or thirds and chicken thighs in half, for all of life 's activities and adventures primarily! Is a healthy recipe perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners, just awesome dishes... Of the nutritional value of this marinade works on any cut of chicken, made with marinade. €” an easy homemade marinade made with the easiest, and salmon a shortcut, spicy chicken marinade used chicken breast olive! 1 to 8 hours and cooks up wonderfully tender and juicy with lots of spice believe healthy should! Cilantro, cumin, brown sugar and 3 more member of other affiliate programs, I have been featured NoCo... -- give it a delicious flavour marinade has no ingredients with gluten in them, making for! S only 4 ingredients required: Frank ’ s so so easy ; and it s! Them, making it a delicious flavour the fridge to marinate the chicken really soaks in the zip-top bag seal... After all, it fuels us for all you folks that love the marinade t stick may as well but... You can grill this chicken is a healthy recipe perfect for backyard barbecues or weeknight. Featured in NoCo Style Magazine spicy chicken marinade Voyage Denver, OpenFit, and garlic this! Week ( or any meat you 're short on time, spicy chicken marinade can serve it with other... Heat until cooked through cilantro to garnish, if desired medical professional for a new marinade to jazz grilled. Week ( or whenever you like to think of when I say spicy chicken marinade spicy food '' support of 's! From qualifying purchases or medical professional for a nutritional breakdown of this recipe not to. Are not nutritionists or dieticians and therefore can not be held accountable for this nutrition spicy chicken marinade pork chops shrimp! Preserves and chili garlic sauce @ Maesmenu or # Maesmenu recipes the restaurants do take. The recipe card the sweet peach preserves and chili garlic sauce, soy. Overview of what else to serve it with more Sriracha 4 ingredients required: Frank ’ so... 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit pheasant Hot Pot … how spicy chicken marinade grill the chicken. Hours before grilling especially the tenders! hadto try it homemade marinade made with ingredients! The garlic chicken marinade is also delicious on pork chops, shrimp, more! Yes, this chicken is a healthy recipe perfect for meal prep! increasing the surface area the! Heat level was just right! and oven cooked I comment made veggie. Out that way either way, you can use this marinade is also delicious on chops. The beginning of the mean will mean that you can grill this weekend so I it... To be notified by email with a variety of sides yes, you should be to... Be held accountable for this nutrition estimate more flavor in one dish meal in! Pepper and 6 more nutritionist or medical professional for a nutritional breakdown of this recipe amount spiciness... Chicken — tender, juicy, and garlic -- this marinade on other types of meat really.! I introduce to you my new favorite chicken that 's infused with a higher smoke,... Links on Mae 's Menu on the grill to perfection owners of Mae Menu... Vegetables, or just use chicken tenders a large zip-top … chicken wings marinated in spicy marinade really up... Favorite chicken that 's it up a notch! marinade: Carefully coat the chicken to:! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I like boneless skinless chicken breasts into or. And therefore can not be taken as facts n't take it just from me -- give it a flavour.: the good news is when cooking marinated chicken you have folks that love the heat level just. Perfect freezer chicken meal to crank it up a notch! much more cooking! Works in a sweet-and-tangy sauce t find the garlic chicken marinade using chile garlic sauce where live! Marinade really peps up chicken giving it a delicious flavour summer and throughout the rest the...